A very warm welcome to the Highland Society of London website.
The Highland Society of London is a charity, which exists to promote and support the traditions and culture of the Highlands of Scotland, whilst maintaining a Membership of individuals to support the Society’s activities. Throughout its more than 200 years’ history, the Society has a proud record of financing and otherwise supporting significant charitable activities both in the Highlands and also in London. This assistance has varied as the needs of Highlanders have changed over the years, but has always had a particular bias towards piping and education. In recent years, the Society has focused on making annual awards to individuals who excel in particular pursuits traditional to the Highlands and Islands, hoping as a result to bring those traditions to a wider public in Scotland and beyond.
The 2022 calendar of events that the Society supports is currently:
- 23rd April-12th June 2022 - RSA Annual Exhibition, Edinburgh
- 26th May 2022 - Highland Book Prize, Inverness
- 2nd-3rd August 2022 - Isle of Skye Games Piping Competitions, Portree
- 20th August 2022 - Glenfinnan Gathering Highland Dancing Competitions, Glenfinnan
- 24th-25th August 2022 - Argyllshire Gathering Piping Competitions, Oban
- 1st-2nd September 2022 - Northern Meeting Piping Competitions, Inverness
- 15th September 2022 - Gaelic Literature Awards, Glasgow
- 14th-22nd October 2022 – Highland Art Prize, Royal National Mòd, Perth
- 4th-5th November 2022 - London Piping Competitions, Caledonian Club, London
- 4th December 2022 - Scots Trad Music Awards, Dundee
For more information about the Highland Society of London, please contact email@example.com. Details relating to the trustees of the charity, its accounts and its administration can be found on the Charity Commission of England and Wales website here.