AN INTRODUCTORY NOTE FROM THE PRESIDENT
A very warm welcome to the Highland Society of London website.
As well as providing a widely-accessible summary of our charitable activities and of our long and proud history, I would encourage all Members to use the portal regularly to engage more with the Society, wherever they are based around the world. Please also check your junk/spam folder regularly for emails from email@example.com, and set this address to be “never block sender” to ensure that you continue to receive our regular communications by email.
In particular, Members of the Society are encouraged to click through to the Members Area for more detail on our latest events and specific donations, including recent updates on the following:
- FOCUS CHARITY: please click on the Justgiving button above to donate to the Kilmartin Museum appeal
- Report on the Piping competitions at Argyllshire Gathering 2019
- Letter of acknowledgement for the Queen Victoria School dancing prize 2019
- Report on the Highland Dancing at Glenfinnan Gathering 2019
- Report on the Piping competitions at Skye Highland Games 2019
- SAVE THE DATE: the November Dinner will be held at the Savile Club on Wednesday 6th November 2019
We are continually seeking to increase the financial support that we give to our chosen charities. We have set up our JustGiving site on the face of the website to enable Members and non-Members to give one-off donations or regular payments by direct debit, however big or small. Members are also encouraged to suggest new beneficiaries for donations close to their hearts provided such beneficiaries fall within the focus of the Society’s objects. It is very pleasing and encouraging that our funds for distribution continue to grow.
With nearly 400 members I do hope that, proudly and collectively, we can step up our support for existing and new beneficiaries in this way. We will continue to update the website whenever it is merited. I know that many Members enjoy attending Society events because it is an excellent opportunity to meet up with old friends and to hear some fine piping. Thus the website is also intended to enable this part of the Society’s activities to operate better, and to continue to enjoy each other’s company.
Thank you for your interest and support