A very warm welcome to the Highland Society of London website.
The Highland Society of London is a charity, which exists to promote and support the traditions and culture of the Highlands of Scotland, whilst maintaining a Membership of individuals to support the Society’s activities. Throughout its more than 200 years’ history, the Society has a proud record of financing and otherwise supporting significant charitable activities both in the Highlands and also in London. This assistance has varied as the needs of Highlanders have changed over the years, but has always had a particular bias towards piping and education. In recent years, the Society has focused on making annual awards to individuals who excel in particular pursuits traditional to the Highlands and Islands, hoping as a result to bring those traditions to a wider public in Scotland and beyond.
The 2021 calendar of events that the Society supports is currently:
- 2nd April-30th May 2021- RSA Annual Exhibition, Edinburgh (online)
- 8th May 2021 - Highland Book Prize, Ullapool (online)
- 3rd-4th August 2021 - Skye Games Piping Competitions, Portree (cancelled)
- 21st August 2021 - Glenfinnan Gathering Highland Dancing Competitions, Glenfinnan (cancelled)
- 25th-26th August 2021 - Argyllshire Gathering Piping Competitions, Oban (cancelled)
- 2nd-3rd September 2021 - Northern Meeting Piping Competitions, Inverness (cancelled)
- 16th September 2021 - Gaelic Literature Awards, Glasgow
- 8th-16th October 2021 - Royal National Mod, Inverness
- TBC November 2021 - London Piping Competitions, Caledonian Club, London
- 4th December 2021 - Scots Trad Music Awards, Dundee
For more information about the Highland Society of London, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Details relating to the trustees of the charity, its accounts and its administration can be found on the Charity Commission of England and Wales website here.