A very warm welcome to the Highland Society of London website.
The Highland Society of London is a charity, which exists to promote and support the traditions and culture of the Highlands of Scotland, whilst maintaining a Membership of individuals to support the Society’s activities. Throughout its more than 200 years’ history, the Society has a proud record of financing and otherwise supporting significant charitable activities both in the Highlands and also in London. This assistance has varied as the needs of Highlanders have changed over the years, but has always had a particular bias towards piping and education. In recent years, the Society has focused on making annual awards to individuals who excel in particular pursuits traditional to the Highlands and Islands, hoping as a result to bring those traditions to a wider public in Scotland and beyond.
The 2023 calendar of events that the Society supports is currently:
- 6th May-11th June 2023 - RSA Annual Exhibition, Edinburgh
- TBC May 2023 - Highland Book Prize, Inverness
- 8th-9th August 2023 - Isle of Skye Games Piping Competitions, Portree
- 19th August 2023 - Glenfinnan Gathering Highland Dancing Competitions, Glenfinnan
- 23rd-24th August 2023 - Argyllshire Gathering Piping Competitions, Oban
- 31st August-1st September 2023 - Northern Meeting Piping Competitions, Inverness
- 14th September 2023 - Gaelic Literature Awards, Glasgow
- 13th-21st October 2023 - Highland Art Prize, Royal National Mòd, Perth
- 2nd December 2023 - Scots Trad Music Awards, Dundee
For more information about the Highland Society of London, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Details relating to the trustees of the charity, its accounts and its administration can be found on the Charity Commission of England and Wales website here.